A warm welcome to Vivian Proud for Author Spotlight. Vivian is signed with Rebel Ink Press and she is with us today promoting her debut book, “Anna and Don; Heart Body and Soul”
Vivian Proud spent her 15-year career in Silicon Valley, CA writing technical and business proposals with her science degree. Always having a dream of moving to the mountains and writing a book, it never materialized until she moved to the rural Wild West. Living in the middle of nowhere in the Black Hills of Wyoming, she found the country lifestyle peaceful and uplifting and it spawned the creativity behind the writing of her first erotic romance: Anna and Don: Heart, Body and Soul. She is a wife, mother of one and lives on a small ranch in Wyoming with her husband, three dogs, two cats and four chickens.
1. Who is your favorite character in this book and why? My favorite character is Anna because she falls in love with and gets to make love to Don, who I adore, and she takes a leap of faith and it pays off, in spades.
2. What inspires you for your stories? I vicariously live in my stories so I guess my fantasies inspire me.
3. Tell us something no one else knows about you. I never read an erotic book until my husband bought me one last year!
4. What genre classification would you put on your book and what would you consider the heat level of the romance? It’s an erotic romance and the heat level is up to the reader and their experience. For example, my mother would be aghast but my friends would say, “Right on!”
5. When did you start writing and what kicked off your passion to be an author? I started writing last year because a friend of mine wrote erotica and it inspired me to try it and once I did, I was hooked.
Anna and Don choose to have dinner together for Valentine’s Day on a lark given neither has a date and soon discover they have more in common as the sparks fly. This touching love story spans their travels to Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco for a sizzling dinner and dessert; Sedona & Cave Creek, AZ, for spiritual vortexes and horseback riding; Las Vegas, NV, to live out one of Don’s life-long fantasies; Kona, HI for a trip to the Big Island Volcano; and Napa Valley, CA to visit wineries.
Soon Anna and Don become ensconced in a courtship that breeds passion, lust, sex and love. Don struggles with expressing his love as he deals with the aftermath of a difficult divorce while Anna dives in headfirst. As their intimacy grows, so does their love for each other and each of them find a very special way of expressing that love. In the end, Don and Anna find they’ve grown into each other’s heart, body and soul.
Excerpt Set UP:
Don’s very thoughtful, especially when it comes to Anna. He keeps Anna on her toes with his surprises. In the first chapter, it’s Valentine’s Day. Anna and Don have dinner together as neither one of them have a date, but on both their minds is making dinner into a date and things begin to heat up. Don raises the bar with his idea of what to do with Valentine’s Day chocolates. Hand the box to her as is so often done? Or place them strategically on her body and eat them together? Better! Here’s the beginning of that scene…
Don reached inside his pants pocket and brought out a large fisted hand, holding something.
He told Anna, “Close your eyes.”
With her eyes closed, Don slowly and affectionately took off her skirt and panties. Then, as she was exposed except for her laced, thigh-high panty hose, he gently placed some things on her from her nose down to her toes.
He then whispered, “Open your eyes.”
She did and looked down her body. Don had dotted Valentine’s Day chocolates in a line from her head to her toes.
He whispered again, “Sweeties for my sweetie.”
Anna giggled, taken a little aback by his comment. He had never called her sweetie before but tonight was becoming filled with firsts.
Then she added, “You’re going to eat them…I hope.”
“I’m going to eat them all.”
As Anna started laughing, her body began to pulsate from lusty expectations. Don took a bite of the chocolate on her nose then slid the rest into her voluptuous mouth with his. The sweet chocolate filled her mouth with melting pleasure. The candied temptation left her craving more. He then alternated between chocolate, nose, chocolate, mouth, chocolate, neck, chocolate, breasts, chocolate, tummy, chocolate, pussy, chocolate, legs …